> LabImagem - Laboratory of Digital Image Processing
LabImagem - Laboratory of Digital Image Processing is a research unit created at the Applied Geodesy Division of LNEC´s Concrete Dams Department, whose goal is to provide consultancy in the application of digital image processing techniques (DIP) to Civil Engineering and on the subject of production, use and exploitation of geographic information (Cartography and GIS).
The following areas of study are developed at LabImagem:
- Application of DIP to the administration of the territory, including processing of satellite optical and SAR images, namely Landsat, SPOT, IKONOS, WorldView, ERS, Envisat, etc., using pattern recognition methods to extract information about land cover/use for decision support systems (GEOSAT, RIVERSAR).
- Application of DPI techniques to the detection and survey of pathologies in engineering structures , through the processing of photographs obtained in inspection campaigns:
- Construction of orthophotos and mosaics for general and detailed analysis of the structure ;
- Semi-automatic detection of pathological conditions (cracks, runoff, etc.);
- Detection of movements in slopes located in construction sites, through photographs acquired at different times;
- Preparation of the Graphic Register of Damage of tiled facades on buildings and figurative panels, for planning of conservation and restoration actions;
- Monitoring of pathologies evolution;
- Evaluation of the photographs acquired by unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for inspection of engineering structures .
Laboratório de Processamento Digital de Imagens
Núcleo de Geodesia Aplicada
Departamento de Barragens de Betão
AV DO BRASIL 101
tel.: +351 218 443 779
fax: +351 218 443 026